Thursday, September 20, 2018

" Trends in Teaching Writing and Challenges"

Dear you,



football lol GIF by FC Bayern Munich

 Do you want to know what I have learnt in unit one, for Lit 102 Promoting Writing in the Primary Grades ?

yes GIF

Alright, I am so excited!


   

   Although I have learnt 25(twenty- five) interesting and engaging writing strategies, I would only share a few with you of the ones I really liked. The strategies which stood out to me are: Digital Storytelling, Teaching Writing explicitly, Gallery Walk, Monitoring a collection of writing to create a portrait and Think aloud for writing. I like these because there are different and interesting which would encourage the students to learn and stay focus. 


speaking eric cartman GIF by South Park

You want to know what I have really appreciated? I appreciate the fact that all the trends were demonstrated which help me to gain a clear understanding of how the trends work. Also, creating the mini booklet helped me to summarize what I have learnt in my own word so that reading over I would still have knowledge of the different trends and how they work.


its over GIF

Also, I learnt about the seven challenges in writing and the appropriate trends which are beneficial to me because I would be able to utilize the appropriate trends to prevent writing challenges. This would aid the students to develop their writing skills.

 table meeting GIF by South Park
I think that teachers should utilize these trends in writing so that students will not have challenges when it come to writing. Also, if a students are having challenges in they writing teachers should utilize a trends that will deal with the challenges. 

moonlighting cybill shepherd GIF

Yesss


Nowww, since I have shared all what was being taught to me in unit one, see you next time for unit two .


Make peace with the mirror and watch your reflection change.


nene leakes goodbye GIF by I Dream of NeNe: The Wedding

4 comments:

  1. Great job Aneljah ! A lot of teachers are aware of this information and refuse to use it but hopefully they'll take your advice after this wonderful post !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so to, I think it is important to utilize these strategies so that children can benefit in the writing. I believe that teacher refuse them because the trends may be time consuming. I mean, some strategies for example like Digital Storytelling are a bit difficult and takes a lot of work but, there are more easier trends which can be use such Gallery work, writing to start class, sentence combing and much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spot on Aneljah! The mini handbook was definitely important for us as teachers to make so that we have all the trends at our fingertips. Also I see that we enjoy the same trends 😁. I really hope teachers would use them to deal with challenges faced by their students. It'd help a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete