Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Approaches and Activities & Assessment and Assignment

Everything you don't know is something new you can learn.

Hey guyssss, Welcome Back !

I am so excited to share unit 5 and 6 with derek hough nbc GIF by Hairspray Live!.


Oh ok Here we goooooo
In unit five I learnt about approaches and activities which would promote writing in the primary grade level. Writing has different purposes for the different genres. For example: the purpose of descriptive writing it to encourage students to become careful observers and choose precise language when they use description.

Also, activities such as a wah dat dey, character sketches, comparisons, descriptive paragraphs, descriptive sentences are activities which could bring out the purpose of descriptive writing.


Teachers should prepare the classroom environment for writing by including tools for revising their writing such as scissors, tape etc. They should also include teacher-made charts, reference materials and materials for book marking. Implementing this material would support students writing efforts.


Also, collaborative activities can be used to have a strong impact on students writing.This could encourage them to make suggestions and use examples from one another work. Also, teacher should ensure students to publish they writing it could be on a Word wall, wall of frame, author's chair, blog or even podcast.
Also, I learnt abut the four revising strategies teacher should use,which are: adding (pushing in ), Replacing (trading), Re-ording( cutting and sorting) and Revising while you write.

Overall, unit five was an beneficial to me because I personally know writing is very difficulty however, I learnt ways in which I would encourage students so they can learn to write. In the future, I could ensure to prepare the classroom environment to encourage students in their writing and involve collaborative activities to develop students writing skills.

Now ! on to Unit 6


Unit Six is about Designing writing assessment and assignments for the primary grade. I learnt that it is important to test students writing performance by observing them to gain information so that I would be able to make instructional decisions.


Also, after completing a group assignment which involve observing a student writing process, we learnt about the student writing such as what she knows,having challenges with and so on. We were able to identify her strengths and weakness and formulate recommendations to help her improve.

 I learn also that rubrics helps teacher answers questions about the pieces and the purpose of the three types of rubrics. For example: I learn that the Primary Trait Scoring Rubrics vary with the writing purpose and audience.

Overall the knowledge I have learnt in unit six was beneficial to me as a preservice teacher. In the further, I could utilize the knowledge learnt by observing my students writing process so that i would be able to make recommendations to aid their weaknesses. Also, having learnt the purpose of the different rubrics I would be able to use them appropriately.


I suggest that teachers utilize approach and activities to encourage students in the writing process. Also, I recommend that teachers utilize the appropriate rubrics to aid the students final writing that they have publish to them.

4 comments:

  1. These suggestions are really great. I think I might implement these in my classroom lol ! Thanks fr Sharing Teacher Watson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed those activities as well from unit five! Just imagine gow mych our students can really accomplish in their skill of writing if we use these in the classroom. We wont limit our students any longer. I'd like to know more about the other rubrics sounds interesting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes . They are many types of rubric and they cater for different purpose I was amazed. At the other hand, I appreciate the fact that I have a little knowledge about them as a pre-service teacher.

    ReplyDelete