Monday, December 10, 2018

TWRWC

T - Teaching
W - Writing
R-W - Reading-Writing
C - Connection

Okay Guys so today we're talking about Unit 3. In this class we were presented with a number of books for children. We were instructed to take any one of our choice.
Ms. Quinn chose a few volunteers to read their books and of course I was the first.

At first I thought she just wanted to know the books we chose and wanted us to share with the class but little did we know that was not the intended purpose. After everyone shared we were asked to take note of the things that we could teach from the books we chose. I was so amazed when I realized the many topics of Language that can be taught from a simple story. You could teach punctuation, capital letters, subject and verb agreement and so much more. These little story books were like mini teachers. CCCRRAAZZYYYY

Afterwards we were given guidelines tips to writing narrative stories. Narratives are actually my favourite time of stories so I was quite excited. Ms. Quinn gives 15-20 minutes to complete our story and boyyy was I ready. 

The minute my pen touched that paper I was goneeeee. I ended up finishing my story that class even before the time was up. Unfortunately I did not get to read my story to the class that did but I knew it was a good one. 



We also dealt with different genres and split up in groups to write pieces from these genres that catered for a particular grade. That helped us to focus on the content and make sure it was age appropriate. That day created great awareness in me that books are more than just pieces of paper with words. Everything has a purpose. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree Hannah I was shock to see how the books could be used to teach punctuation, spelling and more. I will be definitely using this in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I liked how you said the mini books were like little teachers cause truthfully they were! I think this was the most mind blowing lesson of them all. Yea I remember how you quickly wrote that amazing story while I just sat there blank lol...Writing does do that to us sometimes lol Our genre was journals and mahn the activities we got for that...Amazing!

    ReplyDelete