Monday, December 10, 2018

Unit 5 & 6


okay so BOOM !
Today we're merginggggg 2 units instead of having two separate blog posts.

Basically in Units 5 & 6 I learned about approaches and activities for promoting writing in elementary school as well as designing writing assessments and assignments for elementary school.

We looked at the different genres of writing as well as the purpose of the writing as well as the audience in which the writing is designed for. We examined in detail each aspect fo the three previously mentioned so that we'd have a clear understanding of each and we did just that, well I definitely did lol.
We also looked at various tools that can help to promote this same writing, for example students can use: Journals, portfolios, poetry, songs, short stories, dialogues and much more as a means of assent of their writing. teachers can use these different tools to test the genres that students are more comfortable with and actually understand.

2 comments:

  1. I think that teachers should encourage students more to be engaged in journals and portfolio so that they can assess their writing and provide them with feedback to aid their weakness

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, I agree with Aneljah. Also, students should be introduced to the different styles of writing so that they can sharpen their skills..

    ReplyDelete